Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Unexpected Deliveries, Exciting News

This week the postman has been kind. I have been lucky enough to receive TWO awesome packages in the mail and both were delivered much earlier than I expected.

The first is a new book, not quite a cookbook (though there are recipes in it) more like a design book. I was reading over one of Bakerella's blogs a few weeks ago and she was writing about her friend who had a book out - Amy Atlas - Sweet Designs. She previewed the book on her blog and something about it just hit me ka-pow! This is what I want my table to look like at every party I have. Sometimes I feel totally creative and in control of my food pursuits - things turn out exactly how I imagine them in my head.... and then other times, I am totally lost.

I decided this book would be a good investment for future parties. Something to inspire me in those lost moments... and I do have a first birthday party coming up to cut loose on... soooo watch this space!

BTW - I purchased this book on Amazon and it was really reasonably priced. About A$17 for the book and A$9 for postage from the US. Pretty happy with that.










My other delivery is very special. It came all the way from the Raspberry Butterfly in Stockton and consists of some very crucial cake decorating supplies. My number one son (I only have one) is turning one very soon and for his birthday my sister and I are attempting to make a monstrous circus train cake. To make the cake as bright and happy as we want it to be will require some particular colour products - oil based powders, edible black texta, silver dusting powder and bulk royal icing. I ordered this 2 days ago and its already arrived - I was in total shock when the delivery lady arrived early this morning and all for a flat shipping rate of A$8!!


Now I'm all set to start working on the components of my unique train creation.

If you have just read this blog and feel inspired, then... Go Get Your Bake On!!

No comments:

Post a Comment