Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The day I got my bake on

A lot of the fond memories from my childhood revolve around a kitchen, my parents kitchen to be more precise.

They feature my mum slaving away over a hot stove to feed our hungry family of six. When I was old enough to don an apron and wield my own wooden spoon, these memories evolved and include Mum beginning the lifelong task of sharing all her recipes and culinary skills with me.

If I am to be honest, my mum is actually the inspiration for everything thing I do that is creative - cooking, sewing, knitting, painting (you get the idea), so at this point it's important that I dedicate this blog to her, soooo: "To Mum, Thank-you and I love you (and I hope one day there will be more followers of this blog than just you xx)".

And so this blog has been created, with the intention of sharing my love of cooking as well as the recipes and skills I have learnt, with all of you, as my Mum did with me. I'll be cooking a feature item once a week (or as often as I can with my little bub entertaining me most days) and posting the recipe along with my hints, tips and pics for future success.

I am well aware that I am not an expert in the kitchen, but I have learnt a lot over time and with the collective knowledge of myself and my foodie friends, I'll also be happy to answer cooking questions that may be plaguing you in your own crusade to conquer your cookbook.


So.... Go Get Your Bake On!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have fond memories too of arriving just in time to have scones or pancakes or patty cakes. I think I could hear the oven timer go off and would head up the hill lol. Your mum and our grandmother is/was my inspiration with my crocheting as well. Go Joey, good luck with the blog Nigella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm just read that and it sounds like I am referring to nan in the past tense. Just meant that I think of her when I crochet and how I wished I had actually listened to her when she tried to teach me when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete